Friday, December 21, 2007

Precious than love………


You were more precious than love, darling;

No matter how much I loved you, it was never enough.

Love stirred in this heart;

It was betrayed by those dearest to it.

I was demolished by my devotion to you.

If this heart were stone, darling,

It wouldn't break, nor would my eyes grow moist.

Nor would I have come to some turning point at which I find only grief in love.

Even in this crowd I find loneliness...

This love is so hurting

It was neither your mistake nor mine;

It was neither your faithlessness nor mine.

The heart was destined to break; this is the normal way of love...

How very oppressive this love is

You're before me; even so, you're distant.

You were more precious than love, darling

No matter how much I loved you, it was never enough....

No comments: